* Some previously rejected valid UTF8 sequences are now accepted.
* Whitespace is allowed between attribute name, equal sign and value.
* Small fixes all around (see ChangeLog).
* Project is moved to
there is also a new mailing list at:
Please use those instead of old jabberstudio.org addresses.
* iksemel is now participating in Coverity Inc's free software
quality improvement program (http://scan.coverity.com). As a
first result, a few problems found by Coverity's static analysis
tool in the iks_sasl_challenge() are fixed in this release, and
other than that, iksemel passes from defect test with no problems.
* Extra padding problem in the base64 encoder is fixed. Some servers
were having problems with extra '=' padded SASL digests.
* New dom functions: iks_append(), iks_prepend(), iks_append_cdata(),
iks_prepend_cdata(). You can append/prepend new nodes within the
siblings with them, insert_ functions were only appending at the
last child. Thus editing a tree is much easier now.
* iks_load was giving error on files with multiply of 4Kb sizes, fixed.
* SASL authentication.
* SSH connections via gnutls library.
* Socket code abstracted, you can even provide your own transport functions.
* Compiles on Windows with MinGW.
* iks_sha_print() uses lowercase hex numbers to comply with latest jabber.
* New stack implementation, much faster and uses less memory.
Unfortunately API has changed a bit:
iks_stack_strcat, strcatv, print functions removed.
iks_stack_strecat renamed to iks_stack_strcat.
iks_stack_new takes two chunk sizes, one for structures one for strings.
iks_stack_strdup returns (char *).
* Minor sax parser speed up.
* iks_string() and dom parser performance is improved greatly.
* iksperf: new tool for measuring iksemel performance.
* ikslint: better error checking. supports stdin. can display tag usage histogram.
* New dom functions: iks_copy(), iks_copy_within(), iks_root(), iks_tree().
* License of the documentation changed to GPL from GNU FDL.
* API redesigned.
* iconv interface removed.
* ikslint and iksroster tools.
* Jabber packet filter.
* IPv6 support.
* iks_find_with_attrib, iks_next_tag, iks_prev_tag, iks_first_tag functions.
* Parser improvements (CDATA sections, comments, UTF8 validity checks)
* Memory pools are replaced with object stacks.
* First release.