|author||Simo Sorce <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2009-12-08 14:12:03 -0500|
|committer||Stephen Gallagher <email@example.com>||2009-12-08 23:35:25 -0500|
Add comments to document latest changes
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/common/dhash/dhash.h b/common/dhash/dhash.h
index 72b054e8e..47f96733e 100644
@@ -177,6 +177,9 @@ const char* hash_error_string(int error);
* parameter is a pointer to a function which will be called just prior to a
* hash entry being deleted. This is useful when the hash value has items which
* may need to be disposed of. The delete_callback may be NULL.
+ * The delete_private_data is data passed to the delete_callback, this way
+ * custom callbacks can have a private context to reach data they need to use
+ * before performning their operations. delete_private_data may be NULL.
int hash_create(unsigned long count, hash_table_t **tbl,
@@ -194,6 +197,10 @@ int hash_create(unsigned long count, hash_table_t **tbl,
* is greater than the max_load_factor the table is expanded.
* alloc_func: function pointer for allocation
* free_func: funciton pointer for freeing memory allocated with alloc_func
+ * alloc_private data: data passed to the alloc and free functions so that
+ * custom functions can refernce other private data they may
+ * need during their execution without having to use global
+ * variables.
* Note directory_bits + segment_bits must be <= number of bits in unsigned long