Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/watchdog/pcwd-watchdog.txt')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 66 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/watchdog/pcwd-watchdog.txt b/Documentation/watchdog/pcwd-watchdog.txt
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,66 +0,0 @@
-Last reviewed: 10/05/2007
- Berkshire Products PC Watchdog Card
- Support for ISA Cards Revision A and C
- Documentation and Driver by Ken Hollis <email@example.com>
- The PC Watchdog is a card that offers the same type of functionality that
- the WDT card does, only it doesn't require an IRQ to run. Furthermore,
- the Revision C card allows you to monitor any IO Port to automatically
- trigger the card into being reset. This way you can make the card
- monitor hard drive status, or anything else you need.
- The Watchdog Driver has one basic role: to talk to the card and send
- signals to it so it doesn't reset your computer ... at least during
- normal operation.
- The Watchdog Driver will automatically find your watchdog card, and will
- attach a running driver for use with that card. After the watchdog
- drivers have initialized, you can then talk to the card using a PC
- Watchdog program.
- I suggest putting a "watchdog -d" before the beginning of an fsck, and
- a "watchdog -e -t 1" immediately after the end of an fsck. (Remember
- to run the program with an "&" to run it in the background!)
- If you want to write a program to be compatible with the PC Watchdog
- driver, simply use of modify the watchdog test program:
- Other IOCTL functions include:
- This returns the support of the card itself. This
- returns in structure "PCWDS" which returns:
- options = WDIOS_TEMPPANIC
- (This card supports temperature)
- firmware_version = xxxx
- (Firmware version of the card)
- This returns the status of the card, with the bits of
- WDIOF_* bitwise-anded into the value. (The comments
- are in linux/pcwd.h)
- This returns the status of the card that was reported
- at bootup.
- This returns the temperature of the card. (You can also
- read /dev/watchdog, which gives a temperature update
- every second.)
- This lets you set the options of the card. You can either
- enable or disable the card this way.
- This pings the card to tell it not to reset your computer.
- And that's all she wrote!
- -- Ken Hollis