Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/networking/smc9.txt')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 42 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/networking/smc9.txt b/Documentation/networking/smc9.txt
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,42 +0,0 @@
-SMC 9xxxx Driver
-Copyright 1996 Erik Stahlman
-Released under terms of the GNU General Public License.
-This file contains the instructions and caveats for my SMC9xxx driver. You
-should not be using the driver without reading this file.
-Things to note about installation:
- 1. The driver should work on all kernels from 1.2.13 until 1.3.71.
- (A kernel patch is supplied for 1.3.71 )
- 2. If you include this into the kernel, you might need to change some
- options, such as for forcing IRQ.
- 3. To compile as a module, run 'make' .
- Make will give you the appropriate options for various kernel support.
- 4. Loading the driver as a module :
- use: insmod smc9194.o
- optional parameters:
- io=xxxx : your base address
- irq=xx : your irq
- ifport=x : 0 for whatever is default
- 1 for twisted pair
- 2 for AUI ( or BNC on some cards )
-How to obtain the latest version?