Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/ide/ChangeLog.ide-floppy.1996-2002')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 63 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/ide/ChangeLog.ide-floppy.1996-2002 b/Documentation/ide/ChangeLog.ide-floppy.1996-2002
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,63 +0,0 @@
- * Many thanks to Lode Leroy <Lode.Leroy@www.ibase.be>, who tested so many
- * ALPHA patches to this driver on an EASYSTOR LS-120 ATAPI floppy drive.
- * Ver 0.1 Oct 17 96 Initial test version, mostly based on ide-tape.c.
- * Ver 0.2 Oct 31 96 Minor changes.
- * Ver 0.3 Dec 2 96 Fixed error recovery bug.
- * Ver 0.4 Jan 26 97 Add support for the HDIO_GETGEO ioctl.
- * Ver 0.5 Feb 21 97 Add partitions support.
- * Use the minimum of the LBA and CHS capacities.
- * Avoid hwgroup->rq == NULL on the last irq.
- * Fix potential null dereferencing with DEBUG_LOG.
- * Ver 0.8 Dec 7 97 Increase irq timeout from 10 to 50 seconds.
- * Add media write-protect detection.
- * Issue START command only if TEST UNIT READY fails.
- * Add work-around for IOMEGA ZIP revision 21.D.
- * Remove idefloppy_get_capabilities().
- * Ver 0.9 Jul 4 99 Fix a bug which might have caused the number of
- * bytes requested on each interrupt to be zero.
- * Thanks to <firstname.lastname@example.org> for pointing this out.
- * Ver 0.9.sv Jan 6 01 Sam Varshavchik <email@example.com>
- * Implement low level formatting. Reimplemented
- * IDEFLOPPY_CAPABILITIES_PAGE, since we need the srfp
- * bit. My LS-120 drive barfs on
- * IDEFLOPPY_CAPABILITIES_PAGE, but maybe it's just me.
- * Compromise by not reporting a failure to get this
- * mode page. Implemented four IOCTLs in order to
- * implement formatting. IOCTls begin with 0x4600,
- * 0x46 is 'F' as in Format.
- * Jan 9 01 Userland option to select format verify.
- * Added PC_SUPPRESS_ERROR flag - some idefloppy drives
- * do not implement IDEFLOPPY_CAPABILITIES_PAGE, and
- * return a sense error. Suppress error reporting in
- * this particular case in order to avoid spurious
- * errors in syslog. The culprit is
- * idefloppy_get_capability_page(), so move it to
- * idefloppy_begin_format() so that it's not used
- * unless absolutely necessary.
- * If drive does not support format progress indication
- * monitor the dsc bit in the status register.
- * Also, O_NDELAY on open will allow the device to be
- * opened without a disk available. This can be used to
- * open an unformatted disk, or get the device capacity.
- * Ver 0.91 Dec 11 99 Added IOMEGA Clik! drive support by
- * <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- * Ver 0.92 Oct 22 00 Paul Bristow became official maintainer for this
- * driver. Included Powerbook internal zip kludge.
- * Ver 0.93 Oct 24 00 Fixed bugs for Clik! drive
- * no disk on insert and disk change now works
- * Ver 0.94 Oct 27 00 Tidied up to remove strstr(Clik) everywhere
- * Ver 0.95 Nov 7 00 Brought across to kernel 2.4
- * Ver 0.96 Jan 7 01 Actually in line with release version of 2.4.0
- * including set_bit patch from Rusty Russell
- * Ver 0.97 Jul 22 01 Merge 0.91-0.96 onto 0.9.sv for ac series
- * Ver 0.97.sv Aug 3 01 Backported from 2.4.7-ac3
- * Ver 0.98 Oct 26 01 Split idefloppy_transfer_pc into two pieces to
- * fix a lost interrupt problem. It appears the busy
- * bit was being deasserted by my IOMEGA ATAPI ZIP 100
- * drive before the drive was actually ready.
- * Ver 0.98a Oct 29 01 Expose delay value so we can play.
- * Ver 0.99 Feb 24 02 Remove duplicate code, modify clik! detection code
- * to support new PocketZip drives