Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/hwmon/abituguru3')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 65 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/hwmon/abituguru3 b/Documentation/hwmon/abituguru3
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,65 +0,0 @@
-Kernel driver abituguru3
- * Abit uGuru revision 3 (Hardware Monitor part, reading only)
- Prefix: 'abituguru3'
- Addresses scanned: ISA 0x0E0
- Datasheet: Not available, this driver is based on reverse engineering.
- The uGuru is a microcontroller with onboard firmware which programs
- it to behave as a hwmon IC. There are many different revisions of the
- firmware and thus effectivly many different revisions of the uGuru.
- Below is an incomplete list with which revisions are used for which
- uGuru 1.00 ~ 1.24 (AI7, KV8-MAX3, AN7)
- uGuru 220.127.116.11 ~ 18.104.22.168 (KV8-PRO)
- uGuru 22.214.171.124 ~ 126.96.36.199 (AS8, AV8, AA8, AG8, AA8XE, AX8)
- uGuru 188.8.131.52 ~ 184.108.40.206 (AN8)
- uGuru 220.127.116.11 ~ 3.0.x.x (AW8, AL8, AT8, NI8 SLI, AT8 32X, AN8 32X,
- The abituguru3 driver is only for revison 3.0.x.x motherboards,
- this driver will not work on older motherboards. For older
- motherboards use the abituguru (without the 3 !) driver.
- Hans de Goede <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
- (Initial reverse engineering done by Louis Kruger)
-* force: bool Force detection. Note this parameter only causes the
- detection to be skipped, and thus the insmod to
- succeed. If the uGuru can't be read the actual hwmon
- driver will not load and thus no hwmon device will get
-* verbose: bool Should the driver be verbose?
- 0/off/false normal output
- 1/on/true + verbose error reporting (default)
- Default: 1 (the driver is still in the testing phase)
-This driver supports the hardware monitoring features of the third revision of
-the Abit uGuru chip, found on recent Abit uGuru featuring motherboards.
-The 3rd revision of the uGuru chip in reality is a Winbond W83L951G.
-Unfortunately this doesn't help since the W83L951G is a generic microcontroller
-with a custom Abit application running on it.
-Despite Abit not releasing any information regarding the uGuru revision 3,
-Louis Kruger has managed to reverse engineer the sensor part of the uGuru.
-Without his work this driver would not have been possible.
-The voltage and frequency control parts of the Abit uGuru are not supported,
-neither is writing any of the sensor settings and writing / reading the
-fanspeed control registers (FanEQ)
-If you encounter any problems please mail me <email@example.com> and
-include the output of: "dmesg | grep abituguru"