Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/fb/aty128fb.txt')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 72 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/fb/aty128fb.txt b/Documentation/fb/aty128fb.txt
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,72 +0,0 @@
-[This file is cloned from VesaFB/matroxfb]
-What is aty128fb?
-This is a driver for a graphic framebuffer for ATI Rage128 based devices
-on Intel and PPC boxes.
- * It provides a nice large console (128 cols + 48 lines with 1024x768)
- without using tiny, unreadable fonts.
- * You can run XF68_FBDev on top of /dev/fb0
- * Most important: boot logo :-)
- * graphic mode is slower than text mode... but you should not notice
- if you use same resolution as you used in textmode.
- * still experimental.
-How to use it?
-Switching modes is done using the video=aty128fb:<resolution>... modedb
-boot parameter or using `fbset' program.
-See Documentation/fb/modedb.txt for more information on modedb
-You should compile in both vgacon (to boot if you remove your Rage128 from
-box) and aty128fb (for graphics mode). You should not compile-in vesafb
-unless you have primary display on non-Rage128 VBE2.0 device (see
-Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt for details).
-XF68_FBDev should generally work fine, but it is non-accelerated. As of
-this document, 8 and 32bpp works fine. There have been palette issues
-when switching from X to console and back to X. You will have to restart
-X to fix this.
-You can pass kernel command line options to vesafb with
-`video=aty128fb:option1,option2:value2,option3' (multiple options should
-be separated by comma, values are separated from options by `:').
-noaccel - do not use acceleration engine. It is default.
-accel - use acceleration engine. Not finished.
-vmode:x - chooses PowerMacintosh video mode <x>. Deprecated.
-cmode:x - chooses PowerMacintosh colour mode <x>. Deprecated.
-<XxX@X> - selects startup videomode. See modedb.txt for detailed
- explanation. Default is 640x480x8bpp.
-There are known and unknown bugs, features and misfeatures.
-Currently there are following known bugs:
- + This driver is still experimental and is not finished. Too many
- bugs/errata to list here.
-Brad Douglas <email@example.com>