Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/ABI/removed/dv1394')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 14 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/ABI/removed/dv1394 b/Documentation/ABI/removed/dv1394
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,14 +0,0 @@
-What: dv1394 (a.k.a. "OHCI-DV I/O support" for FireWire)
-Date: May 2010 (scheduled), finally removed in kernel v2.6.37
- /dev/dv1394/* were character device files, one for each FireWire
- controller and for NTSC and PAL respectively, from which DV data
- could be received by read() or transmitted by write(). A few
- ioctl()s allowed limited control.
- This special-purpose interface has been superseded by libraw1394 +
- libiec61883 which are functionally equivalent, support HDV, and
- transparently work on top of the newer firewire kernel drivers.
- ffmpeg/libavformat (if configured for DV1394)