Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/ABI/removed/devfs')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 12 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/ABI/removed/devfs b/Documentation/ABI/removed/devfs
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,12 +0,0 @@
-Date: July 2005 (scheduled), finally removed in kernel v2.6.18
-Contact: Greg Kroah-Hartman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- devfs has been unmaintained for a number of years, has unfixable
- races, contains a naming policy within the kernel that is
- against the LSB, and can be replaced by using udev.
- The files fs/devfs/*, include/linux/devfs_fs*.h were removed,
- along with the assorted devfs function calls throughout the
- kernel tree.